COVID-19 Mortgage Resource Guide
Important Information for Homeowners Impacted by COVID19
During these times of uncertainty, we recognize that some members of our community are experiencing hardships. If you are facing financial struggles related to COVID-19 that are impacting your ability to make your mortgage payments, please see the information below regarding new mortgage relief options:
- Credit Reporting: Servicers must not report to the credit agencies a Borrower who is on an active forbearance, repayment, or trial period plan due to COVID-19 related hardship.
- Forbearance Plans: Servicers may approve forbearance plans for all Borrowers who have COVID-19 related hardship, regardless of property type.
- Loan Modifications: Servicers must conduct Modifications on Borrowers impacted by COVID-19 related hardship as long as the Borrower was current as of the date of the national emergency declaration on March 13th, 2020.
- Foreclosure: Servicers must suspend all foreclosure sales for the next 60 days. Note this does not apply to properties that are vacant or abandoned.
If you are concerned about making your mortgage payments due to job loss or reduction in hours, please reach out directly to your servicer to complete the required paperwork as soon as possible!
ForbearanceThe Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act signed by President Trump on March 27, 2020 (the “CARES Act”) provides help to borrowers with eligible mortgages who are experiencing a financial hardship that is due, directly or indirectly, to the COVID-19 national emergency. Specifically, the CARES Act provides that such borrowers may request and receive “forbearance” for mortgage payments on eligible loans if they affirm they are experiencing a financial hardship during the COVID-19 national emergency. Review our Forbearance summary and FAQs to better understand the requirements for forbearance under the CARES Act, what forbearance is and isn’t, and what the impact of electing forbearance may be for your personal financial situation.
Loans Serviced by Guaranteed Rate, Inc.
If your loan is serviced by Guaranteed Rate, Inc. please see the information below.If you have not yet experienced job loss or other financial hardship, we ask that you review our online resources so that we can help the many, many customers who have experienced financial hardship which will impact their ability to make their mortgage payment
- How to Contact Us / Your Servicer
*Based on call volume, please be prepared for long wait times
- If your current Guaranteed Rate payment coupon or most recent mortgage statement has a Chicago, IL mailing address, please call 800-263-4159 for assistance.
- If your current Guaranteed Rate payment coupon or most recent mortgage statement has a Pasadena, CA, Palatine, IL, Pittsburgh, PA, or Dallas, TX mailing address, please call 866-397-7238 for assistance.
- If you have received notification that your loan has transferred to a new Servicer, please contact your new Servicer directly.
- How to Make a Payment
- If your current Guaranteed Rate payment coupon or most recent mortgage statement has a Chicago, IL mailing address, you may mail your payment to that address or pay by phone via debit card at 800-263-4159.
- If your current payment Guaranteed Rate coupon or most recent mortgage statement has a Pasadena, CA, Palatine, IL, Pittsburgh, PA, or Dallas, TX mailing address, you may mail your payment to that address or pay online at https://www.rate.com/servicing.
Other Helpful Resources:
- Mortgage Payment Options During COVID-19 Video
- FHFA Coronavirus Assistance Information
- Fannie Mae - Know Your Options: COVID19 Assistance
- Freddie Mac: COVID19 Response
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention – COVID19 Resources
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA)
Guaranteed Rate, Inc. is a private corporation organized under the laws of the State of Delaware. It has no affiliation with the US Department of Housing and Urban Development, the US Department of Veterans Affairs, the US Department of Agriculture or any other government agency.