Creating A Better Way To Get A Mortgage
Flipping an industry model built for lenders on its head to put the borrowers’ needs first.
Dedicated to “Customer First” since our founding
In the beginning, there was confusion.
That was the mortgage marketplace for those looking to buy a home or refinance back in 2000 when Victor Ciardelli and a few like-minded mortgage and real estate professionals got together under the banner of:
There has to be a better way!
Getting mortgage financing was complicated, incredibly time-consuming and, above all else, confusing. Rates and fees were hidden, the process was cumbersome, and service took a back seat to profit. In other words, it was a marketplace built for lenders, not borrowers.
Disrupting the market with innovation and focus
Victor and company understood that there was a golden opportunity for a lender that put customer needs at the center of the mortgage process. And thus, Guaranteed Rate was born. The Guaranteed Rate model started from a simple
Simplify the process and bring low rates, transparency and a high level of service to home buyers and those looking to refinance.
Accomplishing these goals required dispensing with the old, traditional business model and coming up with an innovative way to create simplicity, efficiency, security and clarity across the entire mortgage process.
Building the most efficient process in the world
From the beginning, Guaranteed Rate leaned on technology and top talent to bring solutions to the most vexing issues in the mortgage process:
- We designed a unique “Mortgage Pod” model that surrounds each of our top-performing loan officers with his or her own team of highly-trained specialists, streamlining the process for customers through the use of state-of-the-art data and communications technologies.
- We developed new technologies that empower customers by allowing real-time, online access to rates and information about all of our loan products. From the World’s First Digital Mortgage to our powerful Intuitive Loan Finder to our new Mobile App, our proprietary tools are designed to help borrowers find their perfect mortgage anywhere at any time.
- Our Transfersafe secure document transfer and storage system allows customers to easily share financial documents digitally in a 100% secure environment, streamlining the process and eliminating time-wasting faxing and paper-pushing.
- We promise every customer a low, low rate and full transparency on fees.
- We work hard to ensure that every closing happens on time and with no surprises.
Our business approach continues to be disruptive and revolutionary. The nation’s top real estate agents, some of whom helped us design our system way back in 2000, continue to recommend us to their premier customers with confidence. Our business has grown organically via word-of-mouth, first in our home market of Chicago, and then across the country.
The final piece of the puzzle: Our people
We’re committed to giving you all the marketplace intelligence you need to make an informed mortgage choice. Have a question? We have answers – fast. Our experts are among the top-performing mortgage professionals in the business for a good reason: highly satisfied customers recommend their Guaranteed Rate loan officers to friends and family members.
What started with 15 dedicated people working 18 hour days in a loft office in Chicago has grown into a leading national lender with a team of more than 8,000 dedicated mortgage professionals serving customers coast-to-coast. We come to work every day knowing that our success is directly attributable to putting customers first. It’s not a slogan with us. It’s at the very core of our business.
96% Customer Satisfaction Data Source: Guaranteed Rate’s Client Satisfaction Surveys 2018
Copyright © 2000-2020 Guaranteed Rate. All rights reserved
NMLS License #2611
Arizona Mortgage Banker License #0907078 3940 N. Ravenswood Chicago, IL 60613 - (866) 934-7283
The company name, Guaranteed Rate, should not suggest to a consumer that Guaranteed Rate provides an interest rate guarantee prior to an interest rate lock.