Who is your typical customer and what questions do they typically have?
All types of buyers-first time, moving up or downsizing, second home or rental property. Do we need a lot money to buy a home? How much can we qualify for? How’s the process work? Is it better to rent? What is the monthly payment?
Buying a home is a person’s largest financial investment decision that they will ever make in their lifetime. It's very intimidating and concerning to them. I always tell my clients that there is never a dumb question and if you need to ask it 100 times, please do so until you understand! I want my clients to be informed and comfortable in the process, so we are always available to answer questions.
What specific steps do you use to help your customers find the best home loan for them?
When meeting with my clients during our initial consultation, I discuss their financial short and longer goals and concerns to better understand where they want to be in 5-10 years. This guides me to inform the clients with loan programs that best meet their individual plans.
What are the top 3 misconceptions people have about the home loan process?
1) You need a 20% down payment to buy a home. We have products that allow a borrower to put little to no money down, depending on their credit and type of loan program they qualify for with a great rate.
2) Self-employed borrowers can't qualify to buy a home. With proper documentation it's just as easy for them to purchase a home as it is an employee of a company.
3) It's cheaper to rent then it is to buy. Your upfront costs may appear to be more when buying a home but it is financially more beneficial for the long-term investment with the amount of equity you will have compared to the rising costs or renting. Wealth building starts with homeownership!
What resources could you recommend that borrowers use to learn more about the mortgage process and how to ensure a successful home closing?
1) Clients love using our mobile app to apply for a loan, get rates, run loan scenarios, and see their loan information right from their smartphone.
2) Monitor their credit with www.annualcreditreport.com. Its free and assists the borrower to make sure there are no issues on their credit reports.
3) We offer a "To Be Determined" property, credit only underwriting approval to make sure the clients are credit approved before they start shopping for a home, if that will make the borrowers more comfortable.
What provides you with the most satisfaction in your job as a Loan Officer?
I get to make new clients and friends during the home loan process. It is so satisfying knowing that we where the ones blessed to assist our clients in buying their dream home for their family!
What do you enjoy doing most in your spare time when you are not helping people with their home loans?
I enjoy spending time with family and friends, all types of sports, going to the lake, NASCAR, NHRA and classic cars.
Tell us something that makes you unique or something wacky, yet interesting about you?
On the weekends I love to go to Lake Eufaula! Spending quality time with my family and friends at the lake wakeboarding, wakesurfing, skiing, tubing or just cruising around in the great outdoors! Also going Fishing!