Who is your typical customer and what questions do they typically have?
One of the most pleasurable things about originating in the tri-state market is you come across every type of clientele possible. From first time home buyers needing a bit more guidance to acquire the their first property, to the knowledgeable high end investor looking to buy their fourth property, to the builder who needs a go-to lender to help make the projects financing easy and affordable, I am there to help. Our first time buyers generally have questions on the overall process and how it works, whereas an investor may want to know which specific property will produce the highest cap rate or ROI. Regardless of type of client, our team will produce the best overall product to fit their needs while answering any and all questions throughout the loan process.
What are the top 3 misconceptions people have about the home loan process?
In my opinion the top 3 misconceptions people have about the home loan process are as follows:
1. You need to put at least 20% down.
- This is not true. There are a multitude of products that allow you to put as little as 3% down and still get a great rate on your home purchase.
2. You need to have great credit to get a home loan.
- Also not true. We have programs that provide financing to borrowers with great credit, but also have programs for borrowers with 640+ and even 580-639 credit scores.
3. The major banks are better than mortgage companies.
- Also not true. I am a very satisfied customer with multiple major banks, but remember we don't deal with checking and savings accounts with Guaranteed Rate! We only deal with mortgages. Our sole focus is helping customers get the loan product that suits their needs.
Are you active in any local associations or community groups, and at what level? What goals and/or success have you helped these groups achieve?
Big Brothers Big Sisters of America
Won the Daughters of the American Revolution Award
Tell us something that makes you unique or something wacky, yet interesting about you?
I am a die hard Mixed Martial Arts fan! I've been training off and on for about 10 years and try to get to at least three UFC events per year. Also I'm in the process of becoming a certified Life Coach!