Who is your typical customer and what questions do they typically have?
My typical customer is either a first time home buyer that needs lots of guidance and advice or a seasoned investor looking to buy another home to increase their cash flow. One of the most frequent questions is: What loan is best for me and my family? The answer to this varies with each customer. I will sit down over a cup of coffee or a telephone call and go over this with each and every client to ensure they get the right mortgage for them!
What specific steps do you use to help your customers find the best home loan for them?
The first step is finding out what their goals are. Do you want to pay off your home as quickly as possible? Or do you want the lowest payment possible? Every client has different needs and that is what I am here for!
What are the top 3 misconceptions people have about the home loan process?
1. You must put at least 20% down to purchase a home. This is not true. In fact, it typically makes much more sense to put less than 20% down (ask me why).
2. You must have perfect credit to qualify. Not true at all, there are plenty of loan programs for all types of credit scores.
3. Home prices will come down soon so it makes more sense to wait. If you would like to see some charts on the "cost of waiting" please let me know. Interest rates are projected to increase which will counteract any decrease in home prices.
What resources could you recommend that borrowers use to learn more about the mortgage process and how to ensure a successful home closing?
Just a quick 10 minute phone call with me to go over all of the details and make sure you are ready to purchase your home!
What provides you with the most satisfaction in your job as a Loan Officer?
When a client thinks that it is just way too hard to purchase a home and too confusing and rigorous to get a mortgage....and then 30 days later, they get the keys!
Tell us something that makes you unique or something wacky, yet interesting about you?
1. I was the youngest baby in Orange County, CA to have surgery for tubes put in my ear. I refer to myself as a "miracle baby" that wasn't expected to survive.
2. I was in the courtroom when OJ Simpson tried on "the glove" and I have been inside OJ Simpson's estate in Brentwood (long story, ask me!)
3. I met a girl named Raquel in high school when I was 16 years old. After seeing her and talking to her for a few minutes, I left with my friends and said "I'm going to marry that girl one day". We have now been married for over 15 years and have a 13 year old son, Noah, and a 10 year old daughter, Sienna.