Guaranteed Rate Becomes Official Sponsor of the 114th Millrose Games
Historic Armory Foundation competition to take place Jan. 29
CHICAGO (January 27, 2022) – Guaranteed Rate, a leader in mortgage lending and digital financial services, announces today that it has become an official sponsor of the 114th Millrose Games, the world's longest-running and most prestigious indoor track and field competition, hosted by the Armory Foundation.
“The Millrose Games is proud to partner with Guaranteed Rate, one of the nation's largest financial service providers and supporter of numerous major sporting events,” said Armory Foundation Co-President Jonathan Schindel. “Track and field athletes at Millrose are considered to be among the world's greatest athletes and are extremely deserving of the support of Guaranteed Rate and the other sponsors of the Millrose Games.”
The Millrose Games joins a host of Guaranteed Rate’s successful sports partnerships including U.S. Figure Skating, U.S. Ski & Snowboard, NHL, the National Lacrosse League (NLL) and the Professional Bowlers Association (PBA).
“Guaranteed Rate is proud to sponsor the Millrose Games, an iconic sporting event that features some of the absolute best track and field athletes,” said Guaranteed Rate Vice President of Sports Marketing and Partnerships Steve McNelley. “This partnership reflects our company’s core value of working with the ‘best of the best.’”
The 2022 Millrose Games will take place Saturday, Jan. 29 at The Armory’s New Balance Track & Field Center in New York City. The meet includes the top track & field athletes from the youth, high school, collegiate, club, and professional levels. This year’s Millrose Games will broadcast live nationally on NBC, and for the first time televised internationally as part of the prestigious World Athletics Indoor Tour.
“I am excited to return to the Millrose Games to showcase one of Team USA’s strongest events,” said Ryan Crouser, who captured the gold medal in the shot put during last summer’s Tokyo Olympics and is making his third Millrose Games appearance. “It’s an honor to compete in one of the premier indoor meetings at such a historic venue.”
Athletes confirmed for the 114th Millrose Games include:
- Defending champion Elle Purrier St. Pierre, Olympic gold medalist and American outdoor record holder Athing Mu and 2019 champion Konstanze Klosterhalfen will highlight the WHOOP Wanamaker Women’s Mile. This signature race includes all three athletes who represented the United States in the Tokyo Olympic 1500m.
- Olympic bronze medalist Josh Kerr and Olympic finalist Ollie Hoare lead the charge in the WHOOP Wanamaker Men’s Mile.
- World-record holder and two-time Olympic gold medalist Ryan Crouser is entered in the Thorne Men’s Shot Put.
- World record holder in the 60m Christian Coleman, the fastest man in the world in 2021 Trayvon Bromell and Jamaica’s 2016 Olympic gold medal winner in the 110m hurdles Omar McLeod, will compete for the Millrose Games Men’s 60m title.
- American indoor record holder and Olympian Ajeé Wilson and Jamaica middle-distance sensation and Olympian Natoya Goule-Toppin will be competing in the highly anticipated Jack and Lewis Rudin Women’s 800m.
- Cole Hocker, Conner Mantz, Cooper Teare, and Luis Grijalva headline a Who’s Who of NCAA champions and Olympian distance runners in the Men’s 3000m.
- World champion and American record-holder Donavan Brazier makes his return to the track in the Men’s 400.
- Olympian, former world record holder in the indoor 600m and 2019 Millrose Games 800m champion Michael Saruni will headline the Mike Frankfurt Invitational Men’s 800m.
- World record holder Keni Harrison leads a Women’s 60m Hurdles field that features six Olympians.
- Alicia Monson, Olympian and 2019 Millrose Games champion, is fresh off a January 9th USATF Cross Country title and will be challenged by recent USATF Cross Country runner-up Weini Kelati in the Millrose Games Women’s 3000.
- Olympic bronze medalist Gabby Thomas is the headliner in the Women’s 60m.
- Olympic gold medalist Katie Nageotte will face off against defending champion Sandi Morris in the Women’s Pole Vault.
- Olympian and two-time NCAA champion Tara Davis leads the Women’s Long Jump.
Millrose Games alumni earned 29 medals at the Tokyo Olympics, including 13 gold medals.
Tickets for the 114th Millrose Games can be purchased by visiting https://www.millrosegames.org/get-tickets.
About Guaranteed Rate Companies
Guaranteed Rate is a leader in mortgage lending and digital financial services. Headquartered in Chicago, the Guaranteed Rate Companies have more than 11,000 employees in over 850 branches across the U.S., serving all 50 states and Washington, D.C. Since its launch in 2000, Guaranteed Rate Companies have helped more than 1 million homeowners with home purchase loans and refinances, with a total loan volume of more than $116 billion in 2021 alone. The company has cemented itself as an industry leader by introducing innovative technology, offering low rates and delivering unparalleled customer service. Honors and awards include: Top Lender for Online Service for 2018 by U.S. News & World Report; Best Mortgage Lender for Online Loans and Best Mortgage Lender for Refinancing by NerdWallet for 2021; HousingWire’s 2020 Tech100 award for the company’s industry-leading FlashClose℠ technology; No. 3 ranking in Scotsman Guide’s 2021 list of Top Retail Mortgage Lenders; Chicago Agent Magazine’s Lender of the Year for six consecutive years; and Chicago Tribune’s Top Workplaces list for seven consecutive years. Visit rate.com for more information.
About The Armory Foundation
The Armory Foundation is a New York City non-profit institution, with the mission of "Keeping Kids on Track." Each season The Armory – the proud home of the Millrose Games – hosts more than 100 track & field meets and welcomes more than 220,000 visits. Among its many youth sports and educational programs, including the acclaimed Armory College Prep program, The Armory runs the leading collegiate indoor track meets with the Dr. Sander Invitational Columbia Challenge and the HBCU Showcase, and hosts the largest high school indoor track meets with the U. S. Air Force Hispanic Games, The New Balance Games, New Balance Nationals Indoor, the Energice Coaches Hall of Fame Invitational and Marine Corps Holiday Classic. New York Road Runners is a proud sponsor of all athletic events at The Armory. The Armory runs the Columbia & NewYork – Presbyterian Indoor Marathon Team Relay presented by New York Road Runners, which is the world’s largest indoor marathon relay. The Armory is also the home to the National Track & Field Hall of Fame and dozens of very large education-focused events. For more: Please visit Armory.NYC and ArmoryTrack.com.
Powered by Froala Editor