GR Tips: ColorSnap
Are you thinking about buying a home, but don’t love the previous owner’s color scheme? Or are you curious to see what a current room in your home would look like with a different color? A very cool new app called ColorSnap by Sherwin-Williams is here to show you- no trip to the hardware store needed.
ColorSnap takes the confusion out of matching shades of paint, right on your iPhone or iPad.
To get started, take a look at the 3 main functions: Match a Photo, Explore Color and Paint a Scene.
Match a Photo
This is the highlight of ColorSnap. You’re able to find specific paint color that matches a color in any photo.
- Begin with a picture in your photo album or snap a picture in the app.
- Once you have your picture, select the color you’re trying to find within the picture.
- The paint name will pop up on the left-hand side. Click the name for more options.
- You can then click “see color details” to see the full paint information, RGB values and coordinating color suggestions. You can even adjust the lightness, saturation and hue of your colors.
This allows you to hunt for your perfect shade by browsing Sherwin-Williams’ library of more than 1,500 paint colors.
- Search by collections, hues, tints and tones.
Paint a Scene
Virtually paint any room in your home. This is available on iPad only.
- Snap a picture of your room, or use a preexisting picture on your iPad.
- Select the area you want to paint or use your fingertip to paint wherever you like.
Once you find your perfect color, use the paint calculator to tell you how many gallons of paint to buy. Enter the wall’s height and width, number of doors and number of windows. Then click “Store Locator” to find the nearest Sherwin-Williams retailer to pick up your paint. Now you’re ready to paint your dream home in no time!
Learn more about ColorSnap and turn your bland walls into your dream.
Visit Guaranteed Rate often for consumer-friendly mortgage education.
Continue Your Guaranteed Rate Education