Most popular housing market topics in 2019
Way back in January, the housing market was emerging from low inventory, rising home prices and increasing interest rates. We predicted more of the same for 2019—but the year ended up taking quite a turn! Interest rates dipped to historical lows and refinance applications hit major highs.
Here are stories you found most relevant in 2019:
1. Housing Market Forecast for 2019 . See what we got right—and wrong (“Interest rates could continue to rise,” anyone?)
2. Quest for the Nest. OK Boomer—did you know you’re searching for the same type of home as Millennials?
3. Get Grilling for National Cheeseburger Day! What more do we need to say?
4. 2019: The year of the refinance. Low rates caused a mini-mortgage boom, showing just how fast the market can turn.
5. VA loans: Everything you need to shop with confidence. E verything you need to know about VA loan and lender expertise.
6. Get more out of your getaway. Tips on finding and buying the perfect vacation investment home to enjoy on your own time–and potentially profit from by next summer.
7. How to create your own dream home: What’s trending in home renovation, what to tackle DIY and which projects you might want to leave to the experts.