Financial calculators and money math resources
Life can be full of surprises, some exciting and others less so. Financial planning helps you prepare for surprises that could affect the amount of money you have available to spend. Calculators are the backbone of financial planning. With the right calculator, you can plan to send a child to college or have enough funds to retire early. Check out calculators with a variety of functions to help you meet the needs you have at every stage of your life, from grade school to the cusp of retirement.
- Full-Screen Calculator: This basic full-screen calculator is simple to use and looks just like a calculator you would use in school.
- Simple Calculator: First-time calculator users can read the instructions below this electronic calculator to understand its functions.
- The Easiest Calculator: The simplest of calculators has only the number keys and the addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division functions.
Scientific, Visual, and Graphing Calculators
- Online Scientific Calculator: You can complete algebra and trigonometry problems without buying an expensive scientific calculator.
- Scientific and Visual Calculator: This calculator displays trigonometric functions and is paired with a standard alphabetic keyboard for ease of use.
- Electronic Scientific Calculator: Work with exponents and geometric functions using this calculator.
- Graphing Calculator: View the intersection points of parabolic equations in real time with this visual calculator.
- Standard-to-Metric Length Converter: With this converter, you can convert centimeters to inches and vice versa. You can also convert the result between fractions and decimals.
- Metric/Standard Weight Converter: Do you want to know how much you weigh in kilograms? Find out with this pounds-to-kilograms converter.
- Currency Converter: Know the value of your currency when you travel abroad with a currency converter that uses live exchange rates for all of the global currencies in circulation.
- Shoe Size Converter: This calculator can help you determine your shoe size when you go shopping in a foreign country.
- Online Clock Calculator: Easily calculate the exact amount of time you've spent doing a task using this clock calculator.
- Mileage Calculator: Calculate how many frequent flyer miles you've earned based on the distance you've traveled or how many you'll need to get where you want to go.
- European Distance Travel Calculator: This calculator helps you find the distance between European cities. It's a must for planning a long-awaited vacation.
- BMI Calculator: Input your weight, height, sex, and age to calculate your body mass index.
Financial Planning Calculators
Personal Loan Calculators
- Personal Loan Calculator: See how long it'll take you to pay off the principal and interest on your personal loan.
- Calculate the Effect of a Personal Loan: Can you afford the monthly payments on a personal loan? This calculator will show you if a personal loan can help or hurt your budget.
- Monthly Budget Calculator: Use the 50/30/20 rule when budgeting your money to balance your spending between obligations, savings, and things that you want.
- Online Budget Planner: This free tool will help you plan your budget and give you advice on areas where you can cut back.
- Debt Consolidation Calculator: Use this calculator to find out if debt consolidation should be the next step on your financial journey.
- Debt Consolidation Options: Calculate the effect of different debt consolidation options that you can take advantage of.
College Financial Aid Calculators
- Student Loan Calculator: Determine how much your monthly payments will be when you start paying back your student loan.
- Student Aid Eligibility Calculator: Fill out the required fields to find out how much federal financial aid you might be eligible for when you go to college.
Car and Mortgage Calculators
- Mortgage Monthly Payment Calculator: This calculator includes all of the factors that could affect your monthly mortgage payment to give you an accurate estimate with a mortgage rate.
- Closing Cost Calculator: Find out how much you should expect to pay for closing costs when you buy a home.
- Car Payment Calculator: See if you can afford your first car or an upgrade to your current ride with this car payment calculator.
Retirement Savings Calculators
- Are You Saving Enough for Retirement? Enter your age, expected retirement age, and annual income to find out if you're saving enough money to retire when you want to.
- Social Security Benefits Calculator: Calculate how much money you will be due in Social Security benefits once you retire.
- Savings Goal Calculator: Are you meeting your retirement savings goals? This calculator helps you determine whether you're exceeding your expectations or falling short.
Money Math Resources
- Cyberchase Mission Motherboard: This is a fun game for school-age children to learn about money math and problem-solving.
- Spent: Can you survive a month on a limited budget? This text-based game uses a real-life scenario to show the challenges many people experience every month.
- Budget Tips for Teens: You can start building your nest egg before you've left the nest.
- Counting Money Game: Introduce younger children to the concept of money with a counting game that lets them add up the different denominations.
- Make Your Own Budget: Use this worksheet to plan your budget.
- Creating a Business Financial Plan: A proper financial plan is one of the first steps to starting a successful business.
- Heather Learns About Earning: This online story explains the concept of earning money to young children.
- Chair the Federal Reserve: This game shows the effects of monetary policy on the economy.
- Time for Payback: Young adults can play this text-based game to prepare to make wise spending decisions when they head to college.
- Financial Football: This game that blends personal finance and football is great for getting kids interested in money management.