What to expect after closing
After your loan closes, you might be thinking, “Now what?” Here are a few things you should know:
1. Generally, within 30-60 days after your closing, Guaranteed Rate will identify the servicing company who you will be making future payments to. At that time, a “Goodbye” letter will be mailed to you with information about your servicer and where to mail your payments. The same information will also be provided to you by your new servicer.
2. While we work to finalize the servicing transfer—and until you receive your “Goodbye” letter—please continue to make payments directly to Guaranteed Rate.
3. For your convenience, please utilize the payment slips in your closing packet which provide details regarding the payment amount, when it’s due and where to send it.
4. If you have sent a payment into Guaranteed Rate and receive a notification that your servicing has been transferred, there is no need to cancel your check or send a new payment. We will forward it to the new servicer on your behalf.
5. If you have any questions about payments or the servicing of your loan, please contact our servicing group from 8 am – 7 pm CST at (800) 263-4159. Or you can send an email to email@example.com.